It’s that time of year again when we start thinking about how we’re going to make things better in the upcoming months. So, is this the year you’ll give your HR department the gift of new human resource management system (HRMS) Software features?
Most people make plans to change or improve their personal lives and at work. Is making HR more efficient on your list of resolutions? Some HR leaders have put off making the switch to HR software from spreadsheets even though they know it will improve the way HR functions.
A lot of people have already moved their data from HR spreadsheets. You’ve probably heard from others how great HR can be with the help of good HR software. And now that HR software has moved into the software-as-a-service (SaaS) space, it’s affordable to even the smallest companies. So the time is now! This is your year! When you start looking around, keep in mind these five essential human resource management system features you need to make sure it will be better than your current HR spreadsheets.
- Centralized Employee Database. All your employee data must be stored in one location. This is the main convenience you get with HR software. If all of your information is in a centralized location, then you’re not having to make the same changes over and over the way you were in spreadsheets.
- Automated Time Off. Time off should be managed by HR software. With the right HR system features, you can specify the way time off is calculated and the system will automate the adjustment each time an employee takes a paid leave. Then you won’t have to wonder if you recorded that time or double check that the accrual formula you were using on spreadsheets calculated correctly.
- Employee Self-Service. You need to be able to give on-demand access to employees to access their information from anywhere with an Internet connection. They should be able to request time off, review benefits, track training, and more. And a mobile app is a good idea so they can even request time off (and get a response) on the go!
- Reporting. One of the important features that makes a good HRIS is having access to a library of reports as well as customizable reports capabilities to be able to best use your past employee information. When you use your company’s data, it will help you make more thoughtful, educated future decisions.
- Applicant Management. Managing applicants can be just as complicated as managing employees. The necessary HRMS software features offer a central database for organizing job openings and applicants is important and should allow for rankings, collaboration, and seamless onboarding.
The HRMS software features listed above are a must-have for the online HR software you choose.
Each of them will allow you to maximize your time and efforts so that you can focus on the reasons why you wanted to go into HR in the first place—to help people. And hey, with all the extra time you’ll have when automating some of the operational functions of HR, you just might have time to complete your work resolutions for the upcoming year—including finding the best talent, then training and retaining them. Oh, and you’ll finally be able to get around to creating the company culture you’ve wanted to for years!
Why not start checking out HRMS software features now? Click here for a free 7-day trial so you can click around and see how easy HR can be in the new year!