Included in this data manager job description template is all you need for your position’s description, duties, and requirements. Having all this information already put together for you allows you to quickly post a job ad that can catch the attention of qualified and serious applicants. Don’t just copy and paste it, but consult with your hiring managers so the template suits your organization’s specific needs.
Data Manager Job Description
Please remember to consult with your hiring managers to customize this data manager job description to fit your organization’s vision for the position.
A data manager is responsible for developing, overseeing, organizing, storing, and analyzing data and data systems. A data manager ensures that all of this is always done with the utmost security and confidentiality, and in a timely manner. Using high-level skills in analytics, mathematics, and statistics, a data manager will draw conclusions according to the data, and report findings to upper management for use in various capacities throughout the organization. This is a very trusted position within the company and only qualified candidates will be considered.
Data Manager Job Duties
Be sure to review the items listed below and adjust any as necessary so they align with your organization’s expectations.
- Ensure compliance with all company standards and laws.
- Create, revise, and enforce data management policies.
- Develop techniques that allow for the collection of accurate data.
- Implement procedures related to the secure and efficient handling and sharing of data.
- Analyze and interpret large amounts of data.
- Identify patterns, relationships, and problems in data and statistical sets.
- Design computer code for improving software and applications.
- Evaluate the performance of data systems and seek ways to enhance them.
- Determine limitations in data reliability and usability.
- Extract pertinent data and build detailed reports for upper management.
- Ensure security from data loss, security breach, and hacking.
- Troubleshoot and authorize the maintenance of data-related problems.
- Support team members in their day-to-day duties.
Change the data manager job requirements according to the experience and skills your organization expects in a qualified applicant.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or related field.
- Proven experience managing data.
- A thorough and proven understanding of data management and administrative policies.
- Familiar with modern, high-tech databases and IT systems.
- Proficient at digesting, understanding, and analyzing large amounts of data.
- Attention to detailed statistical information.
- Solid working knowledge of data security laws and protocols.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks with multiple deadlines.
- Excellent at problem-solving under pressure.
- High-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident in making good decisions with given information.
- Leadership experience with good interpersonal and team skills.