This hotel receptionist job description template includes the typical job functions, responsibilities, and requirements of a hotel receptionist position. With this information, you can start building a job ad to attract the best candidates. Rather than copying and pasting this template, however, you should work with your hiring managers to tailor the template to your organization’s needs.
Hotel Receptionist Job Description
Work with your hiring managers to customize this job description according to your company’s vision for the position.
The hotel receptionist serves as the first point of contact for all guests at our organization. As such, the ideal candidate should be friendly, welcoming, patient, helpful, and knowledgeable. Their duties may include greeting guests as they come in, managing the check-in and check-out process, answering questions and requests, and helping with administrative tasks at the front desk. The hotel receptionist must be trustworthy and able to work well with little direct supervision. The satisfaction and comfort of each guest is our top priority, and the hotel receptionist’s attitude and behavior should reflect that at all times.
Hotel Receptionist Job Duties
Be sure to review these items and make any changes needed in order to match what a hotel receptionist will do in your company.
- Greet all guests and assist them with check-in and check-out
- Maintain a positive attitude and friendly demeanor
- Respond to all guest questions and requests
- Answer and forward phone calls
- Manage guest bookings and reservations
- Keep a tidy and orderly workspace
- Assist with administrative and clerical tasks as needed
Adjust these requirements to reflect the experience and skills your organization is seeking in a hotel receptionist candidate.
- 2+ years experience working in a hotel receptionist or guest services role
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other necessary computer programs
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Ability to maintain a positive, friendly attitude even under high pressure
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Professional attitude and appearance