This operations manager job description template includes everything you need for describing the position and its duties and requirements. With this information at the ready, you can build a job ad that will attract the best candidates for the opening. However, don’t just copy and paste this template. Work with your hiring managers to tailor the template to your (and your organization’s) needs.
Operations Manager Job Description
Don’t forget to team up with your hiring managers to customize this operations manager job description according to the organization’s vision for the operations manager.
An operations manager is responsible for providing inspired leadership through developing and implementing operational strategies, policies, and procedures. An operations manager will assist in recruiting quality team members, work to increase client satisfaction, and will implement best practices. Additionally, they will be expected to uphold compliance, efficiency, profitability, and trust. This is done through working daily to support operational leadership, oversee all organizational activities, and promote a culture of high performance and integrity.
Operations Manager Job Duties
Review each of these listed items and make any needed changes to align with your organization’s duties and expectations.
- Plan short- and long-term goals according to the values and mission of the company.
- Make informed planning and strategy decisions.
- Develop, implement, and monitor operational policies and procedures.
- Identify organization opportunities and overcome operational hurdles.
- Improve management systems and processes.
- Perform quality controls and monitor KPIs.
- Oversee budgets, reports, and forecasts.
- Purchase materials and plan inventory.
- Ensure all operations are accomplished on time and on budget.
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Help recruit qualified and desirable talent.
- Promote a culture of both high performance and integrity.
- Network and partner with other organizations.
- Increase the level of customer/client service.
Adjust the operations manager job requirements to reflect the experience and skills your organization expects.
- A bachelor’s degree in operations management is preferred. (A bachelor’s degree in business management or related field will be considered.)
- 2+ years of proven work experience in operations, management, or leadership positions.
- Trained in business negotiations and conflict management.
- A solid understanding of accounting principles, budgeting, and general finance.
- Ability to build a team environment through mutually trusting relationships.
- Outstanding organizational and delegating skills.
- Professional communication skills.