This project manager job description template includes the typical job functions, responsibilities, and requirements of a project manager position. With this information, you can start building a job ad to attract the best candidates. Rather than copying and pasting this template, however, you should work with your hiring managers to tailor the template to your organization’s needs.
Project Manager Job Description
Work with your hiring managers to customize this job description according to your company’s vision for the position.
The project manager takes responsibility for planning and monitoring projects, as well as allocating the necessary resources and people to complete each project. They help optimize processes, prevent work backlogs, and enable our organization’s teams to execute projects and achieve the desired results. The ideal candidate serves as the liaison between project stakeholders and contributors who carry out the project. In this role, the project manager must balance the needs and goals of multiple parties, so excellent communication and interpersonal skills are crucial. Their priorities are to keep projects on schedule, within scope, and on budget so our organization can stay organized and use resources effectively.
Project Manager Job Duties
Be sure to review these items and make any changes needed in order to match what a project manager will do in your company.
- Help define schedule and scope for all projects
- Monitor progress to ensure each project is delivered on time and on budget
- Coordinate with all stakeholders and contributors to ensure proper execution of projects
- Manage resource availability and allocation
- Develop plans and systems to optimize the process of planning, assigning, and executing projects
- Track project progress and performance
- Act as liaison between project stakeholders and contributors
- Assign individual project tasks to staff members according to their expertise and experience
- Reassess and adjust project constraints as necessary
Adjust the operations manager job requirements to reflect the experience and skills your organization expects.
- 4+ years experience working in a project management role
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional multitasking, budgeting, planning, and organizational skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent work experience