HR for Small Business: What You Need to Know
Working in HR for a small business doesn’t change the size of your people concerns. If anything, HR professionals in small businesses are often asked to do more in spite of limited resources and smaller departments. And these efforts are vital.
To grow and succeed, organizations need an understanding of how people issues affect their larger strategy. These issues span the employee life cycle from effective long-term recruiting through the rest of the employee experience. Small-business HR needs the tools to administer compensation, benefits, and PTO, along with the understanding to shape their organization’s growing culture and employee development.
Download this online guide for helpful tips and additional resources designed to help small business HR handle each of these issues and create great places to work.
- Short-sighted talent acquisition techniques to avoid
- How to build a culture that leads to employee engagement
- Five key steps to develop a formal compensation plan
- How to get the most from your training resources
- Strategies to measure and improve employee satisfaction