47 Free Online Classes for HR Development in 2017
If you’re like 44 percent of people, you made a resolution to improve yourself and gain more education this year.
In HR, it feels like there’s always something new to learn or some new hot skill being required of us. To help you meet your resolution and the demands of your profession, we’ve gathered a list of 47 free online courses to help you gain important HR skills.
Check it out! 47 free online classes for HR development!
Data and Analytics
1) Statistical Thinking for Data Science and Analytics – Learn how statistics play a central role in the data science approach. 5 weeks, 7-10 hours per week. Columbia University.
2) Introduction to Data Wise: A Collaborative Process to Improve Learning & Teaching – Learn what is involved in using data wisely to build a culture of collaborative inquiry. 8-12 hours total. Harvard University.
3) Data Analysis: Visualization and Dashboard Design – Learn how to turn raw data into visual insights using Excel to help support business decisions. 6 weeks, 6 hours per week. TUDelft
4) Data Science Professional Project – Solve a real-world data science problem in this program capstone project and get a step closer to becoming a data scientist. 6 weeks, 4 hours per week. Microsoft
5) Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Excel – Develop your skills with Excel, one of the common tools that data scientists depend on to gather, transform, analyze, and visualize data. 6 weeks, 4 hours per week. Microsoft
6) Statistics: Unlocking the World of Data – Explore the ideas and methods behind the statistics you encounter in everyday life. 6 weeks, 4 hours per week. University of Edinburgh
7) Data Science Orientation – Get started on your Data Science journey. 6 weeks, 4 hours per weeks. Microsoft
8) Knowledge Management and Big Data in Business – Learn about the integrative power of knowledge management, big data and cloud computing, and how they impact the new business era. 6 weeks, 8 hours per week. The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
9) Data Science Ethics – Learn how to think through the ethics surrounding privacy, data sharing, and algorithmic decision-making. 4 weeks, 4 hours per week. University of Michigan
10) Implementing Predictive Solutions with Spark in Azure HDInsight – Learn how to use Spark in Microsoft Azure HDInsight to create predictive analytics and machine learning solutions. 6 weeks, 4 hours per week. Microsoft
11) Evidence-Based Technology Management – Recognize the value of your data and leverage information assets to achieve business objectives using evidence-based practices. 6 weeks, 10 hours per week. Australian National University.
12) Inclusive Leadership Training: Leading with Effective Communication – Develop communication skills that bring out the best in you—and in others. 4 sections, 2 hours per section. CatalystX
13) Evidence-Based Business Communication – Learn how to achieve effective communication by evaluating evidence to identify and support the best communications strategies for your business. 6 weeks, 10 hours per week. Australian National University
14) Communication Skills for Bridging Divides – Develop practical communication skills to mend divides and build a more tolerant and inclusive world. 45 minutes. Catalyst
15) Communicating Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) – Explore what corporate social responsibility is, how it works, and its true impacts. Let’s co-build the responsible enterprise of tomorrow! 6 weeks, 6 hours per week. LouvianX
16) Communicating Strategically – Improving communication skills and presentation effectiveness for scientists, engineers, and professionals. 5 weeks, 6 hours per week. Purdue University
17) Introduction to Marketing – Learn the fundamentals of marketing, including strategies and tools used across industries. 6 weeks, 3-4 hours per week. The University of British Columbia
18) Evidence-Based Stakeholder Marketing – Position your organization for success by learning how to evaluate research and evidence to identify and support key marketing strategies. 6 weeks, 8-10 hours per week. Australian National University
19) Introduction to Marketing: Tools to Set Enterprises Apart – Learn practical marketing strategies and tools that enable enterprises to stand out in a competitive marketplace. 6 weeks, 3 hours per week. University of Edinburgh
20) Digital Branding and Engagement – Learn how to increase brand engagement through the creation and distribution of content using an owned digital channel approach. 4 weeks, 4 hours per week. Curtin University
21) Project Management Life Cycle – Learn how to apply project management tools, processes, and techniques for the successful execution of a project from initiation to closing. 10 weeks, 8-12 hours per week. Rochester Institute of Technology
22) Evidence-Based Project Management – Learn which project management strategies, tools, and techniques are most effective by analyzing evidence-based research. 6 weeks, 8-10 hours per week. Australian National University
23) Introduction to Project Management – Learn the principles of project management and apply them in your own work and life. 6 weeks, 3 hours per week. University of Adelaide
24) Working in Teams: A Practical Guide – Learn how to build effective teams, be a great team player and manage team conflict. 6-8 hours, self-paced. The University of Queensland
25) Creativity & Entrepreneurship – Learn skills and listen to examples from world-renowned entrepreneurs and innovators as they discuss the parallels between the creative and entrepreneurial journeys—and why entrepreneurship, much like music or creativity, is something we all possess. 4 weeks, 5 hours per week. BerkleeX
26) Evidence-Based Practice in Management – Learn how to make better managerial decisions through the judicious and strategic use of the best available evidence. 12 weeks, 8-10 hours per week. Australian National University
27) Evidence-Based Global Management – Identify and evaluate the best international business strategies using evidence-based management. 6 weeks, 8-10 hours per week. Australian National University
28) Inclusive Leadership Training: Get Beyond Work-Life Balance – Develop skills to go beyond balance and better manage work-life priorities as individuals and leaders. 4 sections, 1.5 hours per section. Catalyst
29) Inspiring and Motivating Arts and Culture Teams – Learn critical leadership skills that enable you to inspire and motivate individuals and teams, specifically in arts and culture organizations. 5 weeks, 5 hours per week. University of Michigan
30) Evidence-Based Management Foundations – Become a better manager by critically evaluating key management theories and concepts that form the foundation of modern management thinking. 6 weeks, 10 hours per week. Australian National University
31) Managing People from a Global Perspective – Learn people management practices and human resource toolsets to build high-performing cross-cultural and global teams. 6 weeks, 12 hours per week. Thunderbird School of Global Management
32) Becoming an Entrepreneur – Learn the business skills and start-up mindset needed to embark on your entrepreneurial path from MIT’s premier program for aspiring entrepreneurs, MIT Launch. 6 weeks, 3 hours per week. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
33) The Entrepreneurial Mindset – Uncover the secrets of thinking like an entrepreneur to create value for stakeholders and society across a variety of business settings. 4 weeks, 6 hours per week. BabsonX
34) Behavioral Economics in Action – Learn how to use behavioral economics to design experiments and develop tools to help people make better decisions. 6 weeks, 4-5 hours per week. University of Toronto
35) Finance for Everyone: Smart Tools for Decision-Making – In this introduction to finance course from Michigan, you’ll learn to apply frameworks and smart tools for understanding and making everyday financial decisions. 6 weeks, 6 hours per week. University of Michigan
36) Corporate Financial Policy – Learn how firms raise funds to finance their business. 30-40 hours total. University of Michigan
37) Business Accounting Basics – Learn the basics of the four financial statements to help analyze business investments and make profitable decisions. 5 weeks, 5 hours per week. Purdue University
38) Accounting for Decision-Making – Learn how to read and interpret financial statements and manage costs to make informed business decisions. 7 weeks, 4-5 hours per week. IIMB
39) Introduction to Sociology – From feminism to Marxism and functionalism, this course offers a fresh perspective on sociological topics like culture, gender, sexuality, race, class and more. This course will cover topics found on the CLEP Sociology exam. 6 weeks, 6 hours per week. University of Texas of the Permian Basin
40) Introduction to Sociology – Learn how sociology applies to your everyday life and helps you better communicate and understand people and your environment. 8 weeks, 18 hours per week. Arizona State University
41) Global Sociology – Connect your personal biography to global history as you develop your sociological imagination. 4 weeks, 3 hours per week. WellesleyX
42) Introduction to Inclusive Talent Acquisition – Inclusion is more than just a buzzword—it’s a business strategy. Learn how to attract and support a diverse workforce. 1 week, 3 hours. Perkins School for the Blind
43) World of Wine: From Grape to Glass – Learn about the principles and practices of how grapes are grown and wine is made. Whether you’re a wine novice or a seasoned oenophile, you’ll learn to confidently describe wine appearance, aroma, flavor, and taste. 6 weeks, 3 hours per week. University of Adelaide
44) Greatest Unsolved Mysteries of the Universe – Exploring the biggest mysteries of modern astrophysics. 9 weeks, 3 hours per week. Australian National University
45) Astrophysics: Cosmology – Exploring the origin, fate, and nature of our universe. 10 weeks, 3 hours per week. Australian National University
46) The Science of Happiness – The first MOOC to teach positive psychology. Learn science-based principles and practices for a happy, meaningful life. 8 weeks, 5 hours per week. University of California-Berkeley
47) Unlocking Your Employability – Learn how to unlock your personal and professional development and market your skills to potential employers to maximize your career success. 7 modules, 1 hours per module. The University of Queensland
Get caught up every month on all things HR. Don't worry, we promise we won't spam you.