- Emotional Intelligence
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Benefits Administration
- Employee Database
- Employee Empowerment
- Employee Engagement in HR
- Employee Management
- Employee Net Promoter Score (eNPS)
- Employee Onboarding
- Employee Orientation
- Employee Relations
- Employee Satisfaction
- Employee Turnover
- Employee Type
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Employment Contract
- Exit Interview
What is Recruiting Software?
Recruiting software is software that helps organizations optimize the hiring process, from finding and attracting candidates to screening resumes and sending out offer letters. Recruiting software is often called an applicant tracking system or ATS, though these two are not exactly the same. Recruiting software is a broader category that encompasses applicant tracking systems as well as other tools that focus on individual phases of the hiring process.
Types of Recruiting Software
Most recruiting software fits into one or more of four categories:
- Sourcing: Sourcing software helps recruiters find and attract candidates; it can be especially valuable for identifying passive candidates who may not otherwise see an organization’s job ads.
- Engagement: Candidate engagement platforms help streamline communication between recruiters and candidates to keep candidates engaged and informed throughout the hiring process, which in turn can improve an organization’s hiring rate.
- Selection: Screening and selection software can help speed up the process of choosing qualified candidates from among a pool of applicants. This kind of software may offer features such as artificial intelligence screening, assessments and evaluations, central collaboration for hiring managers, and more.
- Hiring: Finally, some organizations may use recruiting software that manages the actual step of hiring and bridges the gap between candidate experience and employee experience. Some of these platforms may even dip into elements of onboarding to make the transition as smooth as possible for new employees exiting the hiring funnel.
Benefits of Using Recruiting Software
As we said, organizations use recruiting software to optimize the hiring process. This optimization can improve the hiring experience for both recruiters and candidates alike.
For hiring organizations, recruiting software can make the hiring process faster and more efficient. Not only does this save managers and recruiters lots of time, but it also makes it easier for an organization to hire top candidates who may be weighing multiple offers.
For candidates, recruiting software can simplify the application process and open up communication channels, both of which contribute to a positive candidate experience. And when candidates have a positive experience with an organization's hiring process, regardless of the outcome, they are more likely to tell their friends and family to apply or even apply again themselves.
- 13 Tips for Small Business to Recruit and Retain Great Talent
- 4 Ways to Improve How You Evaluate Your People