An HR Glossary for HR Terms
Glossary of Human Resources Management and Employee Benefit Terms
Recruitment software helps organizations optimize the hiring process.
Most recruiting software can do some or all of the following:
- SourcingTalent: Sourcing is when recruiters find and attract qualified candidates. Recruiting software can be especially valuable for identifying passive candidates who may not otherwise see an organization’s job ads.
- Screening Resumes: Once a job is available, recruiting software automatically gathers the applications and resumes together for recruiters to evaluate, making it easier to identify those with the most relevant skills related to the job description.
- Engaging With Candidates: Recruitment software helps streamline communication between recruiters and candidates with things like email templates and central notes for the hiring team. This helps keep candidates engaged and informed throughout the hiring process, which can improve an organization’s hiring rate.
- Selecting Candidates: To speed up the process of choosing qualified candidates, recruitment software may offer features such as artificial intelligence screening, assessments and evaluations, and more.
- Sending Offer Letters: Recruiting software can create customizable offer letter templates that automatically populate candidate info for each position, job type, and other requirements. They allow candidates to accept offers with an electronic signature, speeding up the process of getting the candidate on board.
- Hiring and Onboarding: Finally, some organizations may use recruiting software that manages the actual step of hiring and bridges the gap between candidate experience and employee experience, so the transition is as smooth as possible for new employees exiting the hiring funnel.
Create a seamless hiring experience from application to offer letter.
BambooHR helps you manage and personalize every candidate's experience. Plus, our Hiring Mobile App helps busy recruiting teams collaborate together and keep top candidates engaged.
What Is a Recruitment CRM?
A recruiting CRM (candidate relationship management) system is a tool designed specifically to help recruiters communicate with candidates, store and analyze candidate data to find qualified candidates, and improve their efficiency in finding and hiring the right candidates.
They can store resumes, contact details, and notes about each candidate, making it much easier to track top talent and create candidate pools.
A recruitment CRM helps recruiters communicate with applicants by automatically sending emails or reminders to candidates, so recruiters don't have to do it manually.
Some programs help recruiters analyze their hiring efforts, showing how long it takes to fill a position or which sources are the most effective for finding good candidates. This way, recruiters can make smarter decisions and improve their hiring process.
How Does Software Support Recruitment Management?
Typical recruitment software tracks applicants throughout the screening and interview process.
For example, hiring managers and recruiters can create a job posting, distribute it across various platforms, and collect and review applications in one place. Once the candidates have been interviewed, recruiters can add updates and notes to the portal.
Additionally, recruiting software can be used to do the following:
- Send out job offers.
- Handle paperwork related to onboarding new employees.
- Create reports relating to the hiring process.
This makes the entire process more efficient and organized, giving everyone involved more time to handle other tasks.
Recruiting Software vs. Applicant Tracking System (ATS) vs. Recruiting CRM
Recruiting software is a broader category encompassing applicant tracking systems, or ATS, and other tools, like a recruiting CRM, that focus on individual phases of the hiring process and can be used to build a pool of talent eligible for future job openings.
However, an ATS isn’t the same as a CRM. An ATS manages the workflows involved in recruiting and hiring; a recruiting CRM is a tool specifically for nurturing relationships and communicating with potential job candidates.
Create better first days.
BambooHR helps you build an effective onboarding process with customizable onboarding checklists, welcome emails, and new hire packets—so every new hire feels welcome on day one.
What Are the Benefits of Using Recruiting Software?
Recruiting software can improve the hiring experience for both recruiters and candidates.
For recruiters, recruitment software is especially helpful since it automates repetitive tasks, like communicating with candidates and scheduling interviews. Recruiting teams save time and can better focus on building candidate relationships and providing a positive hiring experience.
Plus, the data you can get within recruiting software will be valuable in helping your team identify how and where you can better manage your recruiting, hiring, and onboarding processes.
For HR professionals, recruiting software can make the hiring process faster and more efficient by keeping all records in a central database—rather than spread across spreadsheets, emails, or paper files. HR pros can then quickly move a candidate to the onboarding and new hire stage, confident that the information is accurate and up to date.
For candidates, recruiting software can simplify the application process, keep things moving quickly, and open up communication channels, all of which contribute to a positive candidate experience. And when candidates have a positive experience with an organization's hiring process, regardless of the outcome, they’re more likely to endorse the company to their friends and family or even apply again themselves.
You might also like
Join JD Conway from BambooHR as he shows you four different hiring processes that your talent acquisition team can deploy in order to maximize your pipeline for long-term ROI.
Learn how to manage all job postings in one place, streamline your recruiting process—including candidate tracking, screening, hiring, and onboarding—all while saving money.